Thursday 24 April 2008

Got great bosoms?

I went to Target tonight to check out the much-hyped Collette Dinnigan Wild Hearts lingerie.... I've been pestered about this no end and I have maintained I would not go and look because I KNEW the sizes would be ridiculous to the point of depression. But eventually I gave in to curiousity... and I was right. Stupid sizes, and more to the point, by the time I arrived (the stock went on sale on the 17th April)- almost NO briefs left. Tons of bras in small sizes, no knickers. Seems to me that everyone ELSE has gone in there, found no bra to suit, bought a pair of pretty knickers, and left.

In order to avoid both these problems, heres a couple of places to try if you are a) bigger than a C cup, and b) interested in something attractive, matching, and fitted properly:

Storm in a D Cup www.storminadcup.com.au

They stock loads of brands like Fantasie, Freya and Fayreform, Goddess and Vestiny, in cup sizes D to J. Shop online! Its a great site.

My favourite online store is Bellaforma www.bellaforma.com.au

They stock similar brands to Storm in a D Cup, in sized from 6-30, and B-L. This is a gorgeous site, I spend tons of time on here daydreaming- they also have an excellent sizing chart.

Closer to home, try Brava Lingerie www.bravalingerie.com.au

This is also a stunning website with online catalogue, and they have a real-life store too- at 487 High St, Prahran.

Brava also mention on their website that they collect pre-loved bras for disadvantaged Fijian women who cannot afford new bras. You can drop off your old bras at their store, even slightly worn out ones (as the parts can be made into new bras). Any sizes are welcome, but particularly needed are larger sizes- so if you have a few slightly worn bras lurking in your drawer buy some lovely new very well fitted sets and donate your old ones to some women who could really use them! I have always felt a bit odd giving underwear to op-shops, or throwing them out, and this is the perfect solution.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Please feel free to check out my website for bigger bras and bigger cups sizes <a href="http://www.essentiallingerie.com.au>Bare Essentials Lingerie</a>