After my sulk 2 posts ago, my mother (who knew nothing about this) emailed me today and asked if I would like to go to this personal stylist man with her. First appointment is a "personal assessment" then next appointments include assessing the wardrobe you already have and culling, before going shopping together and being told what to buy. Or maybe I am being too sceptical.
My reservations are thus:
- I dont know this person- what if I completely hate their personal style? How can I trust them?
- What of their fashion credentials? What if I know more about fashion than them? (this may be unlikely, but possible!)
- I feel like I know what they will say to me, and I dont want to pay $300 to be told I have a small waist, therefore should wear full a-line skirts with pretty cardigans in a lovely 50s style. If I wanted to wear those type of things, I would wear them already. And sometimes I do, but I dont need someone else to tell me that.
- What sort of stores will they take me to? They better be good. And by good I mean somewhere I've never been before, with incredible clothes, at good prices (doesnt have to be cheap, just worthy).
- I want them to understand me when I say pretentious things to them about the style I want. And to be intimately knowledgeable about people like Emmanuelle Alt and Scott Schuman.
Please report back,