Sunday 4 October 2009

packing...


Oh no! I'm turning into Maggie Alderson! I'm about to lament about packing!

I've just been away on a week long camp and I took three bags and still had to carry odd ends and bits! lol  I took one enormous bag, a green bag and also a bag with all my bedding (so it doesn't count).  The enormous bag was VERY heavy- so heavy in fact that every guy I got to carry it for me (how could I possibly carry it?!) asked me if I had a body in it.
I think the reason I packed so much was that I had ALOT of different clothing scenarios to account for.  First of all, the camp was up in the Dandenongs (Melbourne's kinda mountains) and I was told it was going to be freezing.  I took alot of jumpers and my big finnish winter coat and big pink gumboots for playing muddy games.  It was, however, too muddy for games so they were mostly played inside, and the weather was gorgeous and warm so I barely wore a jumper.   I basically wore the same thing everyday so all my natty ideas of remaining clean and dry and warm were totally redundant AND I FORGOT MY TOWEL.  sigh the worst! 

Next time I am going to pack a towel and just the clothes on my back (yeah right).

a  Vintage Mod SAMSONITE Fashionaire Marimekko Suitcase from etsy



No comments: