Saturday 27 September 2008

What game?

I loathe football and everything its associated with, so today I thought would be a quiet time to visit the Art Deco exhibition. Upon arriving it was quickly apparent that EVERYONE who loathes football in melbourne had had the same thought. It was busy. But still lovely, and awesome, and inspiring, as Art Deco has been doing for me since year 11 art. My favourite pieces were the dresses near the end, and the posters.... I love a good ocean liner poster. All time top five desert island favourite piece is this photo by Cecil Beaton of Miss Nancy Beaton as a shooting star (photo from designboom). I love Cecil Beaton and all his photos, particularly the ones of the Queen and her sister, but this is just divine. I am 100% with maudrey when she says if she's ever photographed for Vogue etc she will ask to be portrayed as a shooting star.....

2 comments:

Susana Rodrigues said...

beautiful i must agree :)

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you on the loathe football thing and I would have loved to go that exhibition. Art Deco dresses! le sigh.