Friday 23 February 2007

Freaks with matching underwear

What is it with those people who seem to have a problem with fashion? Or not a problem as such, but who disagree with your view of fashion and take it personally? One person I know recently described me as a "freak" when she found out I mainly wear matching underwear. I dont understand what her issue is here- I know that not everyone likes or wants to wear matching sets, but that hardly makes me a freak.

This and other incidents just make me wonder why people who are shopping and wearing clothes at another level entirely to me and my friends seem to have such a problem with it. My frient Kat wears amazing outfits to her new job and has to listen to her mentor make sarcastic comments about it all the time (slight exaggeration). This mentor apparently wears those tshirts that are v-necked and v-backed to the office each day and on the occasion Kat offered her some advice she showed up at work the next day wearing the exact outfit prescribed. So does she just have no real style of her own? Or not enough confidence to express that at work? And she's a bit bitter about it so has to pay out other people who are daring to wear things she would never think of?

I dont get it. I like to bitch about outfits just as much as the next girl but i would never insult someone to their face on their choice of clothing- thats just being insecure.

No comments: