Tuesday 26 February 2008

Be Mine

I've been out, today. Out shopping. With a view to doing a street-by-street review of shopping in Melbourne, I had a warm up wander around Flinders Lane. And I tried to find you some street style, but would you believe there was none!? I dont think people who work in shops count, either, as how can you tell if its THEIR style or just their work uniform?

I did however, find some fun things. Here are my travels:

Retrostar. Nothing. Alice Euphemia- nothing. Genki- adorable heart stamps with pink and red inkpad- how could I refuse? Perfect for stamping your friends with, perfect for an upcoming birthday party that includes a kissing booth! Shag- real rabbit fur grey chubby coat...... reminded me a little too much of the real rabbit in my backyard, and also didnt fit. Luckily. Grey dress with great abstract print on the front.... too expensive. Black dress with colours, birds and stars on it, fabulous but tag said size 6........ put me off. Magnation- best thing I was interested in was Eva Green on UK Vogue, bit old now and still over 10 sequins.....

Back to Genki to get the stamps and then down to Smitten Kitten to see whats what..... same stuff in there still gorgeous still TINY.

Home on the train and popped into Priceline for some matte pink nail polish..... any shade except bright hot pink...... doesnt exist. Every bottle is metallic/sparkling/glittery/shimmery. They are GROSS. I bought one, $4.75, and its no good. I dont want shimmery nails I want matte nails..... I dont know what to do! I guess I will pass this pink one on to someone more into shimmer, and just keep looking.

Oh and I had lunch at the French Crepe Cafe and as usual they were divine. The service always makes me feel bad for not knowing French (yet) and the food is always just lovely.

I have stuck to my rule of not buying any cheap junk (slightly revised to exclude anything in single digits ie perfect black and white striped tshirt at Target for $7) and I didnt buy anything I couldnt afford. Which is lucky as I am paying off the perfect black skirt at Fat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to know where that French Crepe Cafe is, whiwh street is it on ? Thanks