Monday 9 June 2008

SPOILER WARNING

Yes, this post will contain spoilers, but I assume (or hope, at least) that if you read this blog, you have already seen the Sex and the City Movie. Come on, its been out for like, 5 whole days by now...

I wanted this movie to be a massive wardrobal inspiration for me, and it totally was, except I liked it so much i've forgotten most of the outfits. What I do remember is HATS (didnt I tell you??!) hooray, and also that when I got home that night I couldnt sleep because all I could think was "why on earth would I be afraid to NOT wear anything? As long as it has a sense of humour any outfit is cool".

I also liked the belts, and shoes, but i feel too much attention was paid to the Dior shoes where perhaps there could have been others. I also am not 100% convinced about Carries apartment makeover. I realise its mean to symbolise it being a grown-up apartment, but she hasnt changed at all! Look at how she ran back to Big after he thrashed her yet again by "not being able to get out of the car". I liked her old apartment. I also liked that after the failed wedding, and after she kind of recovered a little bit, it looked for a while there that she might actually stay single, and that Miranda might too and Samantha as well, and that would be, like, OK. But no, in the end Carrie went back to Big AGAIN, and forgave (or forgot) AGAIN, and had a predicable happy ending. The show was so good because it showed that women could actually be happy single and that was not something to be ashamed of, and I think the movie sold out here a little.

Other than that, I want want want print dresses, and good hair, and STUFF. I know its anti-eco and all that to want useless stuff but let me clarify by saying i dont want just ANY useless stuff i want clothes. Vintage, new, classic, outrageous, el cheapo, le expensive, all of the above. For the sheer point of having choice. And a myriad of options.

At the same time, I cant quite bring myself to spend any money at the moment. Part of me desperately wants to let go and consume, the other half is frantically trying to think of ways to save and grow and accumulate more money for potential lengthy overseas trips. I am so torn. Do I spend $250 on a trench coat that suits me and fits me and is kind of the shape i want, or do i continue with what I've got and keep my 250? Do I use my tax return (providing i get one) to buy a new laptop, or do i keep my tax return and use my bf's computer (slightly inconvenient, but free)? I just dont knowwwwwwww.

Luckily, the first eligible piece i found to buy was a metallic gold wonder woman belt which miraculously fits me (fat me?), closely followed by a tan leather wide belt for the grand total of FIVE sequins. If you walk out of your house tomorrow and theres a trash and treasure at the end of your street, dont discount it- you WILL find something awesome there, I promise.

I'm off now to put everything i dont wear on ebay again, and also to read interviews with Keith Richards, who combined with Carrie Bradshaw (predictable yes, but you know you want every single one of her outfits too) continues to be my style inspiration.

1 comment:

STYLE AND THE CITY . COM - PARIS said...

Miss Zoe

thank you so much for your kind words

i am glad because you have a nice blog and i can fell passion and of course love in Melbourne ! lol

have you seen the english flag ? clic it to read stories in english.

i will definitely link you
my link is : STYLE AND THE CITY - PARIS

Cheers from Paris

Kamel
street style romancer in Paris
STYLE AND THE CITY . COM