Thursday 31 July 2008

loyalty

Are you loyal to one or two brands? Do you keep going back to them again and again, for years?

I am loyal to shops. I have about half a dozen or so shops that I visit everytime I go to the city/chapel st/brunswick st. I always visit them to see if they have anything new and interesting that I might like. These include Genki, Zomp, Shag, Target, and usually Retrostar in the city, Pets Wonderland, the Salvos, Kit, Fat and JB Hifi on Chapel St, and a few others around the traps.

I have other shops too that I dont go to every time but instead leave it a bit longer between visits (usually in the hope that they've suddenly got their act together). This category includes the ground floor womens fashion of David Jones, Sportsgirl, Sussan, Wittners, David Lawrence. Shops in this category are usually not there for long, often being upgraded for a while (Ojay) or banished forever (Portmans).

But as for labels, I dont really do it. My mum has been loyal to Laura Ashley for most of her life- this includes her wedding dress (it was the late 70s, after all). She has Laura Ashley clothes from most eras of her life, including now. She often hunts out other labels too, cos she "likes them" or "they fit" or some such.

Perhaps brand loyalty will come later.... I am yet to find a brand that will consistently suit me, fit me and like me, as well as me liking it, all the time. Maybe my taste is a bit too random to stay with one brand. I have bought three things from Witchery lately, but that doesnt really make me want to go back.

If weather and money were no object I think I would be consistently loyal to Chanel and probably Gucci. But that is a whole nother league,

In other news, I finally worked up the courage to go out and buy a brand new laptop. Its shiny and black and does everything I want it to (except reformat my ipod without losing all my songs), and I can barely remember how I coped with my old one (I didnt, in the end). This means for you hopefully more posting, and for me means I can watch youtube, upload photos on facebook within the space of less than half an hour, bluetooth pics straight to ya, and FINALLY watch my videos of the Rufus Wainwright concert. Its like a dream come true.

No comments: