Sunday 26 October 2008

Two New Shoes!

I find it hard to buy shoes cos I am plagued by hang ups about them including:

Wanting good quality

NOT wanting to pay a fortune

Wanting decent soles- not dead flat and hard stupid soles, but comfortable good-for-my-feet soles

NOT orthopedic, uggggggggggllllllllyyyyyyyyyy moulded rubber soles in elderly colours

I am currently investigating rubber arch support things to stick in shoes that have no support, but they seem kinda expensive and not guaranteed to stay in place. I have also found these


Promising, yes? Finding these in real life is not so simple as googling "Dr Scholl" was.

My point is, I've been looking for a pair of pretty gold sandals that look nice enough for work purposes but are not skank high heels. I have found at least 10 pairs that are basically very thin pieces of hard leather that may as well be wooden (and in some cases actually was) with some straps of gold leather stuck on in blister-making formation.

Today I went into the Diana Ferrari shop on Swan St to buy some sensible shoes for my mum, and when I paid for them the lady told me everything is 30% off. So I went back for a second look, and I found not one but TWO pairs of gold sandals not only with a heel, but with a leather sole that has a layer of rubber underneath- thin enough to not be visible, but thick enough for some extra comfort. Theres still no arch support, but they are reasonably comfortable. I chose the paler gold version over the more bronze-y ones, and then found a patent pink pair in slightly different style with a small (2cms) wedge heel!! Also comfortable, with the same rubber sole (good grip!) and Cheap. Like both pairs for less than $80. Amazing. Totally set, shoe-wise, for summer now and I didnt even have to back into Mollini.

2 comments:

Ann ODyne said...

Congratulations on good shopping.

I wasted too long today trawling Thoughtful Dresser and some links from there - a shoe one I can't remember, possibly because it was all too gorgeous.

Podiatry and orthopedic surgery will be the buzz-professions of the future.

maudrey said...

They sell cheaper versions of these at ALDI now!