Monday 26 January 2009

Great weekend!

does anyone else ever just really feel the need to DO something? not something big like save the world, but just something physical, to get something done, or to give someone a hand?

This weekend I hung out at my parents place, and my dad was cleaning out the pool - it hasnt been used in over a year, and was a solid green pond of slime. He had the bright idea that if I got in and created a whirlpool it would move all the slime to the centre then we could scoop it out... I wasnt keen. I could SEE the gunge in there. But I was bored, and really keen for some action... so I went down to help, and when dad said "press that switch and we;ll see if the pump works" I pressed the switch. The pump hose burst. Sprayed green water all over me. My shock was such that it took me several seconds to turn off the switch. I was soaked. Dad couldnt stop laughing. So I figured, I'm already soaked. In gungey water. He needs help. I might as well. So I put on my bathers and got in. YICK!!!!!

But it was great!! It was totally disgusting and there were all kinds of creepy things in there but it was sooooo fun. And mum made me lunch and I dried off in the shade and then- cleaned out the car. Ulterior motive for cleaning the car was that i wanted to drive myself back to the big city today. Which I did, in clean car, all by myself, for the first time. Yep, I'm 25, and pretty much never driven anywhere, and havent done a reverse parrallel park since I passed my Ps. But I did it!

And now, to cap off my Australia Day long weekend, I'm watching Simpsons, the Royal Windors, Friends, Top Gear, South Park. What could be better than that?

Oh, and, I made Apricot Jam. From freshly picked apricots, delicious:

No comments: