Friday 1 June 2007

Tram vs Eyeliner OR Wet Hair vs After 5 Makeup?

This morning I witnessed the most bizarre thing. I was on the tram on my way to work, and it was packed (as usual, stupid useless public transport) and in front of me was a lady sitting down. As I got on and was jammed in front of her, she took out a compact and started putting on foundation. It was a pressed powder kind, so at first I thought she was just putting on powder, but it soon became apparent she was going for some high-level coverage.

Then she pulled out an eyeshadow compact and proceeded to do her eyes, with 2 different colours then another colour all over the lid from another compact.

Next (this is all while holding the first compact in one hand for the mirror) she pulls out a pencil and LINED HER EYES. Perfectly. On a tram. I couldnt believe it!

By now it was clear that this wasnt just a touch up on the way to work and I was becoming amazed at the sheer amount of makeup she had in her bag- which was one of those stupid "clutch" traingle bags with a shoulder strap. Anyway next she did mascara, to MASSIVE lengths, then (this was by far my favourite bit) she pulls out a brow pencil and coloured in her eyebrows!! And then brushes them out with a little brush. Next she did blush, for which she had a big blush brush LOOSE in her bag - must get so messy- and then lipstick. Just pink gloss though, I was a bit disappointed she didnt do the full line, blot, and real lippy.

Isn't this incredible? I dont wear makeup on a day to day basis so this shocked me. Who does their makeup in public?? She makes it so obvious that she needs all this help to look good (and she did look good when finished, if a bit full- on for me), in public! I could never publicly shade in my eyebrows or line my eyes, not least cos i'd look totally stupid doing so. The other thing that surprised me is how much stuff she was carrying around with her. She had a small bag, HUGE wallet, and at least 3 compacts, 2 pencils, mascara, lip gloss and a blush brush. The most I ever have in my bag is a lip gloss and sometimes mascara!

The other thing that got me this morning was that she went to SO much effort with the face, but she had wet hair tied in a ponytail/bun thing. I am all for running-late-wet-hair, for sure, but if you are this full on about appearance surely you could dry off your hair?? Or tie it into some kinda of trendy knot or something? She seems to be putting all her eggs into one basket here. If you are happy to go to work with crap wet hair surely you can relax on the makeup a bit? Maybe I'm just not understanding other womens relationships with their foundation here cos I dont wear any. Does anyone get this woman? Would you go out with a full face of makeup and wet hair?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hair over makeup any day....imagine half way through the day....she has this frizzy dry hair....with a perfect face of make up....she should;ve spent more time on hair....good effort with the eyebrow brush...not exactly the first thing i think of when i leave the house :p

Unknown said...

I’ve all but abandoned Hair melbourne
regular websites in favor of blogs. The advantages are just too numerous to ignore. Just the search engine friendliness of a wordpress blog hosted on it’s own domain Hair melbourne
is reason enough.

Brendon Tylor said...

Thank you so much for stopping by to comment :) We had an absolutely lovely afternoon with you, the food was gorgeous,Melbourne hair both in taste and appearance, and I'd certainly love to visit again -

mehedi753 said...

Hey admin,
Thanks for shearing such a great information. This is really a nice post. I
like this post.
polar ft7