Tuesday 12 June 2007

Zoe did a bad bad thing

Ehehehehehehehee! I did a bad thing. Not bad as in hurting anyone or involving any people, sort of, but still bad. I felt guilty for about 24 hours...... now I just kinda giggle when I think of it. Heres what happened....

Months ago (like back in summer) I found this dress that was EXACTLY what I was looking for. I didnt buy it but went back 2 days later to get it and it was SOLD OUT. Like, completely, but the shop ordered me in the very last one, which was technically 2 sizes too small but the style of the dress allowed me to get away with it. I wore it to death, to the point where the shoulder straps were starting to kinda come away from the body cos they were so tight.

Last weekend, I went back to the shop, and they had another of my dress- in my size. So because I loved it so much I bought that one too. My mother (who is not normally so conniving) suggested I return the old dress with the new receipt under the claim that the dress was tagged wrong, and too small. I scoffed "peh- you CANT do that!" at her and went home and hung up my new dress next to the old one.

Hours later, after mum had left, I thought- you know, theres really no point in having 2 if i'm really only going to wear one..... maybe I'll sell it on ebay! But if I returned it..... would get money back not some measly $15...... but dont have reciept mum took it with her......maybe if I just rang up shop and asked.......

20 minutes later I was in the shop as they popped a refund through on my card..... the nice man there was SO apologetic and helpful as I said all sorts of things like "but are you SURE cos i understand that I havent got the receipt" ("yes love dont worry this sort of thing happens ALL the time its not your fault!") guilt started creeping in......

By the time I got home and only had one perfect dress hanging up and $59.95 still in my bank account I was feeling better. Its just that they were so HELPFUL..... if they had've been the usual narky salespeople and had whinged about how DIFFICULT it was I would have felt much more righteous and haughty about the whole situation...... but thankfully my guilt is quickly dissipating. Now if only it wasnt 13 freezing degrees outside perhaps I could WEAR the dress....

No comments: