Thursday 27 September 2007

Brownlow "Style" 2007- laugh with me, friends

I found hundreds of pictures out there of these women in their various get-ups, and I do not have the time or the stomach to post about them all- so here are my favourite "Stars on The Red Carpet" (from ninemsn). Stars, indeed!

Bree Hately, Adam Mcphee. Bree has taken the visible g-string to a new conceptual level. Instead of an actual g-string she has instead a dress so low cut in the back she needs a strap to a) cover her plumbers smile at the bottom and b) hold it up so the dress doesnt slip further, and choke her with her own jewelled neckpiece. Or maybe thats why his hand is there- added security against slippage.

Chantelle Raleigh: "I'm so cute, right?! my hair is sooo pretty and if I stand like this you can't even tell that the boob area of my dress doesnt BEGIN to cover anything." Hamish Mackintosh: "I may look a bit dopey, but I'm real clever- I'm at the brownlow with Christina Aguilera haha- beat THAT Chris Judd!"

In what looks like their Year 12 Formal couples picture with Travis Cloke, Bethany Taylor has somehow stolen that dress Scarlett Johansson wore to a premiere somewhere, and combined it with her Cranbourne hairdressers best ever effort- long corkscrew curls with dead straight long fringe.

Kaiti Williams: "Hi! I'm Kaiti! With an a-i! I'm from the country or something but I have this great sparkly dress and I got my sister- she's our regional bodybuilding champion- to teach me how to stand with one leg bent and my chest out and I got one of those Sophie Monk bras from Myer so I have the BEST cleavage! My partner Jason Gram got too excited in the car so my hair is a bit boofy at the back but I think it makes me look kinda mysterious and like, sulky or something? I mean sultry?! Dont you think?!"

I dont know what to say here. The dress seems to be gaping at the top, she has spaghetti straps (and she's in good shape, i know, but spaghetti straps are not a good look), she's gone for a bit of a Erica Baxter Dior wedding dress big frill hem but it just doesnt work in that colour or lace, her face is shiny and her hair, well I dont hate the hair. I do hate James' though. (James and Tania Hird).

Chantelle Delaney: "Sorry? What did you say?......YES! This is that dress Kylie wore years ago to some music awards ceremony- dont you think I fill it out really well?! I've always loved that dress she wore so when Jess here invited me tonight I thought- I'll get my teeth whitened and find mums old silver bag and WEAR IT!"

Jess Sinclair: "hehehe- honey, just stand up straight- just.....ahh, the photographers looking right at us- just lean back a bit, you're ahhh.... busting out there babe...."

"I'm Rebecca Twigley, you probably saw me last year or the year before in that great red dress with the neckline slit to the pubes- yeah? Well I'm still with Chris Judd so I thought this year at the Brownlows I'd go for something classy, something sophisticated, did you see that the papers called me "demure"? I really like the way this fabric changes colour in the light- its something different for the footy fashion, you know? I know i've become something of a role model to the younger girls coming through so I am setting a good stylish example with the bustier top here and the ruffled hem. I made Chris wear a really good suit too, cos so many of the boys look the same- but I think he really stands out tonight, dont you think? All the Victorian clubs are fighting over him, its SO tiring for us. Melbourne will be good though- I really feel at home with the fashion here- the other Brownlow women are all so fabulous. We're such a power couple. We're gonna get married, you know, one day, but in the meantime I have SUCH a Jane Austen cleavage- see, I am LITERARY too, not just a style icon!"

Olivia Carafa gets my vote for Best Dressed. She looks natural, gorgeous, and the colour of the dress really suits her.


There were so many other laughable ones but I couldnt get pics to put up here.... see Anthony Koutafides wife and also Jason Akermanis' partner- both quite giggle-inducing!
These pics and more are from

http://semaphorejunction.blogspot.com/2007/09/brownlow-fashion-2007.html

13 comments:

Anthony said...

Muahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!
You're so good at being a catty catwalk/red carpet critic... I love it!

Hey, we Aussies are pretty desperate... I mean, they get soooo excited about a medal ceremony for a sport! It's not even Hollywood peoples! When will they ever learn?

Jacqueline said...

I lived in Melbourne last year and am on my way back to live in Melbourne. I am actually in NZ, hence lots of NZ fashion posts.
Those footballer chicks need some serious put your boobs away talks.

Anonymous said...

Poor Kaiti! It's with an "i" because it's Kaitlyn, and the poor girl gets trashed like she's ditzy, but it's DR. Kaiti Williams, she's a chiropractor and I live in the same counrty town so......don't even think of having a go about that! I get the impression that you must be ugly or your dad hated and slapped you as a child, since you can get so catty about pretty girls in pretty dresses!! Grow up!

Anonymous said...

BTW, her boobs are real....and you wouldn't meet a nicer person.

maudrey said...

kaiti- no need to post anonymously we understand you might be disappointed in your fashion choices but no need to take it out on us haha i can assure you that zoe is a stunner and her dad dotes on her- maybe its time to move on to another blog if you don't like what you're reading here and leave nasty messages there instead?

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahaha You are pathetic!!!!
I feel very sorry for you!
You are that insecure, you wasted your time dedicating a whole site to the beautiful partners of AFL. Jealousy is a CURSE, good luck with that!!!

Anonymous said...

you seem like an absolute bitch and are just jealous that your not there... get a life..

Anonymous said...

JESS SINCLAIR IS FUCKING HOT
:)


ur kinda pathetic 4 making this
u baged every1 on ur pathetic page but u have no life 4 making it
wat is the point of it if ur just gonna bag them?

half of the girls look nice
wat was wrong with chantelle delaneys dress anyway?

weirdo

Anonymous said...

do you realise it is DR. Kaiti Williams ?? so not only is she smarter than you, she is more beautiful, successful and has a hotter and richer boyfriend. hahahahahhah

Anonymous said...

I agree with all the people who are incredibly disapointed with this article.
You are just the type of person who brings down other people who go out on a limb and put there head above the crowd.

Your sad and i also feel sorry for you.

Anonymous said...

clouds replacement deploying nest declared summarising often werum convicted reserved reaction
servimundos melifermuly

Anonymous said...

If insulting others makes you feel good then I think you need to have a good look at yourself! Oh, and just for the record, I have met Kaiti and she is one of the nicest people I personally have ever met!

Anonymous said...

Shut up you bloody whining whingeing wanker! The article was just a bit of fun and light hearted... What are you Kaiti's sister or something? Guess what the bitch just got Jason Gram sacked from St Kilda today do I guess everything not quite as rosy as you made it out