Monday 24 September 2007

So many purchases, so little money

Its a Poor Week for me this week, and as is always the case I have no money and SO many things to pay for. So I am trying to distract myself by writing lists, looking at magazine websites instead of the real thing, and trying to remember that I have an American Apparel order on its way- therefore filling the purchase hole i am currently sulking in. They say 6-8 days for shipping, so it should arrive this week! I ordered:

Baby Rib Cross Back Summer Dress
Cotton Spandex Jersey Short Sleeve Tshirt Leotard, and long legwarmers (i'm sure you can picture those yourself)

The dress is gorgeous and hopefully will get loads of wear over summer. But the real star here is the leotard. Maud and I have for a while now been pondering the good old bodysuit- and as we are both obsessed with a) long tops and b) warm tummies this seemed the PERFECT solution. Maximum coverage, and hopefully maximum comfort. No midriff or bumcrack or love handles to be seen here! Plus it has a scoop neck and back which totally suits us both.

And in case you were wondering- American Apparel is opening a Chapel St store soon!! No word on when or exactly where, but my bet is on the shop next to Zomp, and in the next few months. And then we can all shop for bodysuits together. I also desperately covet the silver and gold lame leggings, and numerous other bright sparkly things. The ordering is easy and hopefully quick! Give it a go! And let us know what you pick up! We need feedback particularly if you buy things we like.... eg aforementioned leggings or magenta skater dress!

In other news, its the Brownlow apparently tonight and I am OVER hearing about the "style". For one I hate footy and for 2 I hate football girlfriends style. I also hate g-strings, plunging necklines, year 11 formal hairstyles, j'aton "couture" and the fact that they all claim to be "models". Ralph/Zoo/FHM doesnt count, girls!

I refuse to watch this ridiculous event BUT I will scour the net tomorrow to see the hilarity that is the Red Carpet, and then poke fun at them right here. I will be completely hopeless with names and boyfriends but as they all look virtually identical I dont think we will have any problems.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Miss Zoe and Maudrey!

How are you? Well I hope! I've been reading your blog since Jan this year and I absolutely love it. I was hoping to borrow your superior knowledge of fashion in Melbourne to solve a couple of problems I'm having.

I need to find some super strong bobby pins, the professional kind. My hair is literally uncontrollable and I've taken to wearing it in a bun, but ordinary bobby pins just won't cut it! Can you point me in the general direction of an appropriate shop?

I was also wondering if you could tell me the best (or your favourite) shoe shops. I need black peep toes and pale gold shoes, both with heel. Looking for something classic, nothing too extravagant.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Your No.13092484 fan lol!

Jacqueline said...

oooooh ! An american apparel in melbs. Well that will be sweet.