Wednesday 21 November 2007

All or (almost) Nothing

Generally I am of the "put my energy into good skin rather than makeup" camp of the cosmetics industry and wear sunscreen, mascara and lip gloss- current favourite Nars "Babe" (its kinda orange!). Or just an eyelash curl and some Kiehls #1.... depending on the occasion.

But recently I have branched out and bought some crazy makeup. Glitter eyeliner, turquoise shadow, gold powder, bright-pink blush. And this is where the problems start- remember how I want to go out Kylie-style? I could also go out John Galliano style:

Love the smoky glitter eyes, LOVE the stuck on diamante lips.....sigh. The question is- how do I do this? As someone of limited makeup skills/tools/colours, this is a tricky thing to pull off. Going from almost nothing to full on catwalk/music video makeup is not going to be easy. Chances are if you come round to my house unannounced on any given night I will open the door with a half-face of glitter, or what will look like 2 black eyes but on closer inspection will turn out to be seriously BAD black eyeshadow....

Secondly, where would I go with this sort of look? Does anyone know anything about "Retro" which I hear is a club or something on Lonsdale st? What about gay clubs, would they be more amenable to my dress code (makeup code?)?

also- I have spent at least 40 minutes today trying to find a picture of Kylies band to show you- and try as I might I cant find even ONE. Does anyone know the trick to finding pics of what you want on the net? There MUST be a trick, there just must be. And its currently eluding me, dammit! I need help.

No comments: