Saturday 17 November 2007

Saturday Morning

I'm not going to pretend I am in a great mood today- its sunny and I'm at work. I also have the worlds worst hayfever, where the only drug that helps is Phenergan, and I cant take that during the day as generally you need to be awake at work, so I've been to the chemist and asked for something "good", and they laughed and told me "just hang in there, it will pass." Not comforting!

To add to my annoyance I have seen two white hippy skirts today. I love to poke fun at people wearing funny clothes generally, but its not often I am annoyed by others choices..... and its nothing personal. I just hate white. Not all white, but white "bottoms" ie pants and skirts are NOT ON in my book. They are not flattering, and create all sorts of underwear/VPL/chubby-bits problems. I also do not like boho, hippy, etc, and a tiered, mid-calf length white skirt made out of some kind of barely opaque cotton epitomises everything I hate in a garment. You do not look like Mary Kate Olsen, you do not look like Elizabeth Hurley. You look like you bought your skirt on holiday, or possibly at the Falls Festival. Fun at the time, but not city wear. Lol I just googled "white hippy skirt" and a picture of Sienna Miller came up.

Ok thats the rant out of the way. Now I am going to make a Spending Budget for this week. Much saving is needed, to stop me buying cheap junk (fun as it is) and to help me buy better quality, more long-term stuff. Like good quality shoes and lingerie, two things that are always better the more you spend.

No comments: