Wednesday 14 November 2007

Cairns, glorious Cairns

So we didn't quite make it with the postcards, but we did have a fantastic holiday and are back home now, ready to continue blogging. As you can see Cairns has wide streets, palm trees, blue skies, Louis Vuitton, Dior and Prada, amongst other things. Great place. Much as we love Melbourne- it doesnt have Dior! (or palm trees for that matter)

I feel the blogging has been few and far between lately and I must confess I am experiencing a small bout of writers block. My problem is I have no internet at home, so when inspiration strikes I have to wait til I go to work or the library to get it down- by which time I have either forgotten or lost inspiration.

Hopefully this will be rectified soon. Meanwhile here are some observations:

There is nothing new/interesting to buy in Melbourne. The shopping in Cairns was great (between us, 3 dresses, a kimono, some hair clips, silk pants, scarves, dvds, massages/eyelash tints)

There is too much fake tan about. Pale Porcelain is IN, orange/brown real or fake is OUT.

I cant find anywhere to go where I could dress up as one of the band members in Kylies band in her "2 Hearts" video. I want to have a glitter face, a butterfly over one eye, crazy hair, or sparkly boots and see others dressed the same where we can all disco out to some actually GOOD music. Any help?

I saw (and was nearly run over by) a woman running a red light whilst fixing her hair in the rearview with both hands.

And finally, I will try and come up with something better for next time.

xx

1 comment:

Anthony said...

I am SO jealous!
Everyones going on holidays but me!