Monday 7 January 2008

Love In 2008


Happy New Year everyone! Sorry for the delay in postings but I've been away for new years and there hasn't been any internet for me to play on.

I went to Pyramid Rock with thousands of people younger than me (or so it felt) all of whom were wearing denim hot pants, singlets or bikini tops with Mischa Barton hair and chain necklaces- very Sportsgirl- or for the boys, shorts. Only shorts. This sartorial flair and individuality instantly killed any hope I had of finding some street style for you guys...sorry.

However I can report that the of 3 bands I wanted to see, the Howling Bells were walking offstage just as I arrived to watch, The Audreys were fantastic, and Sneaky Sound System played at 1am which was wayyyy past my bedtime, such was my level of exhaustion in the heat. New Years Eve Day was unbearable until we started pouring tubs of water over each other and rubbing ice into our faces, then it was just damp. But I can proudly say that I didnt get sunburnt, not even one little bit, so there will be no premature aging for me this year. Which is a good start to my resolutions for this year, which are:

1. Do more exercise (an obvious choice)
2. Have better hair and skin (including no sunburn- going well!- and lots of deep conditioning)
3. Stop buying crap. ie: no more $10 singlets, junky synthetic dresses that wash badly or stretch, or anything that doesnt flatter and improve.
4. Save money. To pay for all the good quality things I will be buying instead of the junk.
5. No more less than fabulous magazines. This includes all weekly trash, Shop Til You Drop, Russh, New Woman, and my standard hated Marie Clair and Madison. NO. MORE. They arent worth the money, and they dont even have any good pics to rip out.

That last one may or may not be ruined already, depending on if the British Vogue I bought for lunch is any better than they normally are.

Whats your resolutions?

1 comment:

Anthony said...

Happy New Year lovlies! xx