Wednesday 16 January 2008

Zoe's ReOrganisation

I am feeling a bit wierd and unsettled at the moment. Not sure why, I think its a combination of many things. Last year I finished uni after a hundred years of study so now I am supposed to be working full time..... which has translated so far into exactly the same hours, pay and conditions as when I was studying.... which is not the financial overhaul I was hoping for. So while I am panicking about my Employee Review I am also angry that a qualified, ready-to-be-full-time 24 year old is still being paid as a casual 18 year old. Which has led to me job hunting.

So money troubles combined with some "what am I doing with my life?" daydreaming, and reading "The Beautiful Fall" which has done me NO GOOD, as its all about Yves Saint Laurent's posse in the 70s and how they did things like strip off their floor-length Halston on a bar while their friends sprayed them with champagne- makes me want a new lifestyle. And a posse. And some vintage Halston (that will not be ruined by bar floors or champagne, or probably ever be taken off).

All this means I am about to embark on a giant Re-Organisation. Which so far means throwing out/giving away anything I do not like, use, or think is pretty in my house. Then moving to the wardrobe and selling/opshopping anything that looks bad on, is uncomfortable, or hasnt been worn in ages (not including evening wear). Then going to work and cleaning my desk, filing everything that is piling up, getting the others organised, and becoming more efficient in time for review AND getting ready to leave job simultaneously in case the review doesn't work in my favour.

I will keep you updated with how its going. So far I have windexed my desk, and done SOME filing, and from here I go to Arts Hub to see if any new jobs have come up....

1 comment:

Anthony said...

The transition from Uni to the Workforce really SUX!
But we all go through it... Keep us posted!
x