Monday 21 January 2008

A study in Two Shops

Where is the standard of behaviour in public? I went to Kmart yesterday as it was next to the pet shop where I wanted to buy a goggly eyed black fish, and it was a pigsty. There was stuff all over the floor, all over the shop. I almost got lynched by a giant woman after saying to my boyfriend "that kid is throwing stuff all over the floor!" (didnt realise it was HER kid.... she cracked it.... but didnt make the child clean up!) Why dont people take responsibility for themselves or their children in places like this? Is it ok to throw things around because its Kmart?

In contrast, I went to Cactus Jam on Saturday where they are having a sale- there are some seriously lovely things and most stuff is 40% off or more. I bought a beautiful dove grey dress... its divine, but its NOT a very fashion forward shape... its super flowy and baggy... not exactly form-fitting.... doesnt really fit with my new years resolution... but it was 50% off and it is beautiful. Not 100% sure that it suits me but I should get over that. Meanwhile you should get down to their sale before it runs out- or wait til they get in all their lovely lovely new season stuff cant wait!

2 comments:

Anthony said...

This is why I never go into Kmart, Big W, Target, Harris Scarfe, Dimmy's Forges of Footscray, Best & Less...
My bank balance may hurt from not going into them, but I can't handle the pigsty environment.
By the way, Im back... sort of...

Jacqueline said...

Please post pic of new dress!!