Monday 4 August 2008

chip of ye olde block

I was at an engagement party yesterday (a rather dressy one) and one of my friends commented on the unkemptness of my chipped nail polish. Before I could say anything another friend defended my nails saying Oh that's just one of her things- she loves the way it looks. I was surprised- a) that someone else would notice! and b) that non-grooming could be a "thing". Did anyone read this article about it in the New York Times.
I mean its just chipped nail polish! hehe gotta love MK for her perfectly groomed un-groomedness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that your friend knew you better than you thought! I don't mind chipped nailpolish on other people, but jeez, it drives me nuts on myself.

Mecino said...

yes - i also have read this article, a link through the vogue forums. Its great that your friend knew that 'its your thing!'.
Although, I'm not sure if I entirely agree with the writer of the article about all the points she wrote about.