Thursday 14 August 2008

Dear Mecca

Why, oh why are you moving to Myer?

You are such a good fit with David Jones! Myer has none of the cred of DJ's, and you will be subjected to the crammed, ugly walkways of Myer..... please dont do it! Your David Jones space was always so lovely and clean, minimalist, we could cruise in, wander around, enjoy ourselves..... At Myer we will be pushed and shoved, forced to step aside for prams and idiots, forced to listen to teenagers screaming about the Basement.... while Britney Spears new fragrance ad plays on repeat on a tv nearby....

Looks like your Little Collins st store will be getting a lot more visits. I'm sorry Mecca, but I feel disappointed in you. I love you and all your products, and you are basically the only place I go to for makeup and a lot of other lovely things, and Mauds perfume alone is enough to make you a great destination- but Myer? I wont do it.

And while I'm angry with you, I'd also like to point this out- why do you keep a record of our purchases, send us nice letters about new products, as well as very pretty brochures, but you never reward us for frequent shopping? It would go a long way to repairing the friendship.

Love Zoe

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too love Mecca as well... But what's going to be great about having Mecca in Myer is that you will get rewarded through MyerOne Points!!! I see it as a plus.

Anonymous said...

I too love Mecca as well... But what's going to be great about having Mecca in Myer is that you will get rewarded through MyerOne Points!!! I see it as a plus.