Friday 16 March 2007

Be Brave!

This is the welcome note on my mobile phone- "Choose a brave outfit!". Its to remind me not to freak out and wear jeans and a tshirt cos I cant conjure up some inspiration for anything else. I always WANT to wear something amazing and feel great but a lot of the time my wardrobe/courage lets me down. Except on Wednesday, when I wore my new Cue tunic dress with amazing tucked collar, with footless tights and patent leather shoes and felt fabulous all day.

But generally I just get frustrated in the morning rush and end up with something safe and easy. And then feel kinda boring, frumpy and invisible all day. This is cos some of the clothes I own that are fabulous belong to the "posh party" category and cant really be worn everyday. Others are just cheapo bits of junk that are best left under better items. I think what I really need is either to go for a "smarter" look each day rather than trying to be so casual, and wearing my nice clothes more often regardless of the occasion, or get my hands on some AMAZING casual stuff. Which is nearly impossible and not really something I want cos who wants to spend $80 on a see=through tshirt from sass and bide? Not me.

Anyway, this is how I would like to look each day.
Or this:
Totally, effortlessly cool. As my Spending Freeze is in full effect (one week so far and havent bought anything! Except Stella, but that was allowed.) I cant really do anything about this current wardrobe crisis, but by the time I can buy something I will hopefully have the funds to make it a pretty good purchase.

No comments: