Friday 30 March 2007

The End of The Freeze!

Today we are celebrating the end of the Spending Freeze! So I will give a full report. (I am also trying to reconcile accounts at work so this could take a while). (I'm also quite hungover so if it sounds funny, just try to imagine how it would sound if I'd had 12 hours sleep and no gin).

Things I wanted to buy but didnt:

  • Leather belt from Country Road- finally reduced down to $19.95- still havent bought it!
  • Short shorts to wear to bed
  • The Second Sex
  • Moisturiser
  • Tsubi jeans
  • grey long sleeved top from Sportsgirl
  • many CDs
This is by no means a definitive list. Now, Things I DID buy against all rules:

  • A white thermal long sleeved top from Target (20% off- i actually needed this, and have been waiting for them to come on sale- so its not really that bad)
  • Black satin Love Kylie knickers also from Target (also 20% off, and been wanting them for MONTHS, no kidding)
  • Grey Payless boots- but in my defence, I didnt wear them until today. Ok, last night.
Thats it! And finally, Things I Have Learned:

  • Most things out there are not worth your hard earned money
  • You forget about most of them by the time you get home
  • You don't actually NEED them, oddly enough, the stuff you already have is fine
  • I didn't save ANY money, which I thought strange
From now on, I think, I will look at shopping with a different eye. I hold to the theory that I'm better off buying one GREAT thing than 30 cheap dodge things from Supre, AND that I already have enough cheapo crap, but I will start interpreting things into "Classic, buy, wear for ages" and "Fad, dont spend much money on so you can throw it out". Also, anything that doesnt fit perfectly, and I dont just mean too big or too small, but bad cuts, baggy bits/tight bits, bulges, wrong sleeves, too short tops, too stretchy pants are all a NO. If I'm gonna buy it, it needs to look damn fine.

No comments: