Wednesday 21 March 2007

Downsizing

When should you stop selling your things on ebay? Do you wait til you've whittled down your wardrobe to JUST the things you wear every week, or hold on to stuff you only wear every now and then just in case?

I have run out of things to sell on ebay. Sort of. I could go on, obviously, selling things I still actually wear or would wear if I was going to, say, a relatives birthday or an awesome fancy dress party or a wedding, but the aim of my game was to make money off things I would have otherwise chucked out, so I have nearly come to the end. Question now is, how many times can you relist something before you accept that no one wants it?

Also, the spending freeze is starting the pall. Its not even that I want to buy anything in particular, I just want to buy SOMETHING. (is this an addiction?uh oh.) I keep seeing things like MAC makeup and cute shoes that would be PERFECT for work and thinking thoughts like "hmm now if I have a Glam Disco theme for my birthday I'll need a new dress- better start looking". I am missing shopping, I think. My birthday present list is growing slightly which is good, as I always get asked by 100 people what I would like, but this doesnt help the here and now.

I have to pay off my layby first. Then what next??!! How exciting. Heres my ultimate party dress:
I know I've raved about these dresses before. I would like it in black though, thanks, and praps a tiny bit longer in the hem. I have some huge high high wedges that I am DEFINITELY wearing, so just need something dancy, sparkly, completely flattering (of course) to go with. I think this Gucci dress sells in Melbourne for about $39000 so its a little out of my price range, but I think I will be scouring Shag and Retrostar for something similar- OR should I think of another theme? Any ideas? Something to go with shoes like these:
Something 60's could work I know, but someone else I know has stolen that theme for their 21st! The rudeness of youngsters today, I dont know. Something similar though, I think.

No comments: