Thursday 12 April 2007

A Dress Debacle

Bought a new dress from Retrostar, and I'm not sure about it. Its sort of a 20's style, in an 80's interpretation (crapper fabrics, and knee length, not floor), with shoulder pads (easily removable), sequins (!) and drapey bits. Heres the top of it- the photos come out sideways, I cant fix it, I dont know how.... its the right way up on my desktop it just wont flip on blogger.... anyway! tilt your head sideways....

So its quite tight around the waist, and that loose kinda pleaty section at the bottom goes into a point at the front and back over the skirt, which is kinda pencil-y due to being stretchy, but fine. The top has shoulder pads as I mentioned, and looks VERY 80's Neighbours, but when its on its much better, great V-neck and lovely draping- thats more of a 30's vibe than 20's I guess. Its quite Cate Blanchett at the Oscars or Maggie Gyllenhaal (or not, they'd probably only wear it if it was real silk and floor length). It looks good on, its cheap, I can return it and swap it for some vintage clutch bags if I decide its not for me, I dont know where I'd wear it, but I really like it. I just need an event. So come on, bring forth the invitations to themed parties!!! I have a great dress, particularly if your theme is "20's cocktail" "1930's Mystery Night" or "80's Glamour!"

No comments: