Thursday 5 April 2007

Vague Vogue

Do you subscribe to Australian Vogue? Has yours arrived this month? I subscribe, and mine hasn't. Theres a few possibilities: 1) That they are having a delivery problem, and its a few days late, 2) that they have forgotten mine, or 3) they are not sending mine, out of spite, cos I've sent them a couple of cranky emails lately.

I will call them shortly, to find out, but in the meantime I will buy a copy from the newsy over the road from work. Which means I will eventually end up with 2 copies, which doesnt bother me, but its one more issue I have with them.

Is anyone else getting more and more annoyed with them using US and UK Vogue articles and fashion shoots that are months old? I am so sick of it. Especially since we are all reading style.com EVERY DAY so we know what is in American Vogue before it even comes out over there, let alone over here, LET ALONE in Aus Vogue three months later.

American Vogue is a credit to Anna Wintour. I really love it, its up to the minute, interesting, intelligent and cutting edge. I dont see why our Vogue should be anything less, yet we are putting up with all this second hand stuff.

I'm over it. And the thing is, I cant stop buying Aus Vogue, I just cant, so what I really want is for them to step up and start doing their own thing. They must either be so lazy they cant be bothered or so lacking in local talent they are forced to buy overseas stuff. Either way I dont think they are trying hard enough. I think its time for a revolution. I really hope they read this. (I'm sure they wont.)

1 comment:

maudrey said...

yeah they totally suck! i cancelled my subscription and even tho i haven't done it yet i am going to write in and tell them exactly why! in other news my friend got her letter published in harpers this month. she didn't win letter of the month which is a shame tho but still exciting!