Friday 27 July 2007

Clear all plans for next Friday 5pm!


Last night was the first screening of Lagerfeld Confidential at the film festival. I loved it so much I was completely starstruck and barely drew breath the entire time. His house, his books, his jewellery, the drawers and drawers of collars, it was all just fabulous. Seeing him talk and go about his daily life was something I'd never seen before, and it was a bit odd- he is a lot older than my perception of him. And funny! Although the commoner other patrons at the Regent last night who laughed at all sorts of not-funny things was NOT APPRECIATED. This was a documentary people, not a piss take. Or maybe I was taking it too seriously. No, I think they just dont appreciate him in the same way I do.

Anyhoo I am plotting ways to get out of work early next friday to see the other screening which is at RMIT Capitol Theatre - the location for my accounting lectures, which totally thrills me- and I think you should all go too. Its worth it for the fashion shows and backstage glimpses of models like Daria Gemma Lily etc.

In other news, I tried on the silver shoes of glory and not only do they fit they are better on than off! The little old lady at DJs who served me was lovely and funny- she called me Miss and kept saying "they're just beautiful" which is perfectly true. Two thumbs up for the DJs service. I appreciate being treated nicely whilst buying my first pair of designer shoes!

1 comment:

maudrey said...

yeah i agree it was so awesome! i loved it! i loved how much he loved nicole kidman and daria- they were always in the the exact spot he wanted. and his real time designing that we saw with the permanent markers and the whiteout as well as some of the fashion shoots. the 2 parts i have been laughing about after:
- i think it was the stage co-ordinator or something - KL agreed with her and tapped her on the arm which was hilarious cos she flinched in pain from all his silver rings
- and the sign in the toilet in french that meant "pissing everywhere is not chanel"

haha so good. zoe and i both regretted not having our cameras for some of the audience fashion winners. they were an licorice allsort bunch and we had a good time trying to pick out which ones might be you guys ;)