Friday 3 August 2007

jean-ie in a bottle

recently miss zoe helped me finally get my room into some kind of working order! its great now all my clothes are hung up instead of being strewn across the floor and i chucked out loads of crap i didn't want/need/like. now i have less clothes and everything else that goes in a bedroom. i was amazed how many pairs of ankle socks i chucked out and also just how many clothes i was holding on to that don't fit or have something intrinsically wrong with them so although they are on the right brainwave - i will NEVER wear them cos they are NOT RIGHT.

this all led me to a sad realisation... i wear my black skinny jeans almost everyday! i love them dearly but that can't be good for me or the jeans. so yesterday i ventured out to get some other options to wear on my bottom half. basically tho i wanted another pair of jeans. i found the most perfect pair of back skinny jeans but in the spirit of shaking things up a bit i moved on from them. sigh in hindsight shopping for jeans should be done whilst wearing some kind of loose dress or skirt or something so as time wears on you can just hoik it up and try them on underneath- i do NOT recommend going through this process with skinny jeans ( i think i pulled them off and on like thirty times yesterday)

i was getting tired of of my own efforts so i went into a shop that sells jeans (i don't want to promote any particular one here lets just say it WAS NOT (!!!) justjeans eew)and in the end surrendered to the slightly annoying sales girl who in the end just brought me all the styles they had in the shop and i tried them all on. i am relatively happy with my choice - blue denim wider leg etc and i will wear them after all the pairs i tried on. if anything this whole experience has shown me that i really really like skinny leg jeans but too much of a good thing can't be that great so i will wear these other ones but my heart belongs to skinny back home.

1 comment:

glam-o-holic said...

I hate hate hate shopping for jeans. Do you ever hear someone screaming from the changerooms? That's probably me going 'WHY DON'T THESE DAMN THINGS JUST FIT PROPERLY ARRRRRGH'.

Instead, my vice is little black dresses. I have about 10. My friend has banned me from buying anymore : (