Thursday 16 August 2007

powerwomen

I am about to join a breed of women commonly refered to as 'powerwomen'.
The powerwoman is primarily found in the Melbourne CBD. Her dress is typified by her 'powersuit'and sheer black stockings. The main point of interest, however, lies in her footwear to and from work. While at work she maybe wearing some unassuming pumps or cute ballet flats, she changes these in favour of white ankle socks and runners for the commute in and out of the city. The stockings being worn underneath is, in my opinion, the worst part!
So why am I joining this breed you ask? I blame daylight saving! It is getting lighter when I leave work therefore the dangers associated with walking home are lifting and it really hurts to walk for 40 mins in 'cute shoes'. This is the first time in quite a while where fashion has lost out to practicality. I draw the line at ankle socks though!

6 comments:

Chart Smart said...

Nice Blog :)

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid I have to disagree, as fellow woman in a suit/dress/corporate attire...

I HATE the well dressed corporate woman who wears runners.....buy comfy flats and wear heels at work....or wear comfy flats all day....it's really not that hard!!!

Anonymous said...

good comment kat. after all.. there really is nothing funnier than seeing strong 'powerwoman' from head to ankles and something more like avid sports teacher ankle down. lol.

Emma said...

These women scare me with their efficiency. Me, I suffer the old-fashioned way. I take my blisters and run with them. And it is quite painful.

Miss Zoe said...

DER guys, I think you are missing the point here. We dont like the ankle-socks-runners-with-power-suit combination EITHER. Its NOT a good look and we wish there was a useful alternative- we just cant walk in our chosen shoes for 4 ks to work!

Do you really think we would advocate this horrific trend? What sort of bloggers do you take us for?

glam-o-holic said...

Oh no. Suit and sneakers? Say it ain't so.....

I know it's a challenge sometimes but style AND comfort can co-exist!

If you're looking for cute comfy flats, anything with a rubberised sole is usually good. Zoe Wittner might have some. Good luck!