Monday 6 August 2007

A tight fit...

So I am in the new house, and its super teeny but super cute. All of a sudden I live with no less than 7 guitars, as well as about 300 CDs.

The house is very small, right, to the point where currently the main bedroom consists of: bed, drawers, wardrobe, and 2 clothes rails. And nothing else will fit, except my desk, which I have relinquished to his computer. Add to this the fact that we haven't unpacked any clothes, so they are all over the floor as well as the spare room, and its a small disaster zone.

We had an argument over what to do with all the clothes which didn't go well for me. He suggested first off that perhaps I didnt need quite so many and could I ebay some of the ones I never wear? (Remembering dear readers, that I already HAVE ebayed everything I dont wear.) I tried to kind of skirt this issue by suggesting railing-arrangements to suit us both, with full wardrobe intact, and he then suggested we share the wardrobe* space and half the rail space.....

*My wardrobe is a hot pink ikea kids wardrobe that looks like the one out of Beauty and the Beast. Its not huge. My clothes take up the entire thing, drawer included, plus one extra clothes rail, and several boxes.

I pointed out that my stuff needs almost three times the amount of space he was suggesting, and THEN he said that maybe I should start packing away the out-of-season stuff. This isn't necessarily the worst idea.... I guess.... but how can you categorise your clothes into things you DEFINITELY WONT WEAR for the whole of winter, or summer, or whenever? To keep him quiet I agreed to put away bathers now and heavy coats in summer. This, mind you, only involves about 6 items.

Can anyone help? Currently I am in charge of unpacking clothes so I have control over what goes where.... but in fairness I guess I should look into ways of storing some things better..... I cant really sell anything else I am pretty much down the winners and everyday-ers. eeeeeee!

I will keep you updated. Please comment with any space-saving ideas you have- any at all!

3 comments:

glam-o-holic said...

Use every bit of space you have available. Boxes under beds, walls, those closet organizer thingies that hang in your closet, hang multiple things on one hanger, buy furniture that doubles as storage, maybe even install another pole in your closet? Just some ideas.

Anthony said...

Try modelling on it Carrie's wardrobe.. as best as you can... although she did have issues about throwing things out...

maudrey said...

ooh zoe show them the chair- awesome idea anthony!