Saturday 19 May 2007

A Blog in Two Parts

Part 1:


I know I always carry on about this, in blog and in real life, but man I love dresses. There is nothing better than throwing on a great dress, and then looking and feeling awesome all day long. I work with all boys and for ages I had a phobia of wearing dresses to work, and I recently overcame this and now I wear dresses almost every day- and work is so much better!

This is from The Sartorialist, and its just the most perfect example of how a great dress can look so chic and casual and not-even-trying cool:



Doesn't she look so happy? And comfy, and great? I aspire to look this good everyday. Although perhaps with thick tights and a coat, cos it is SO. COLD. right now in Melbourne.

Continuing the hunt for awesome patterned dresses......

Part 2:



I saw a girl in the supermarket last night wearing almost this EXACT outfit no joke and I thought "hey- you must read The Sartorialist too!" and then felt a bit funny about assuming she got her outfit inspiration from his site, but then who doesn't? She looked just as good, and she had a cute boy trailing her as well, so snaps for her. She seemed slightly grumpy, but then it was like 6pm, dark as pitch and bucketing rain outside.

Anyhoo only 45 minutes of work to go then I am off to collect layby- totally awesome Balenciaga style black dress with bubble/tulip skirt and wide belt to cinch waist (and I mean bubble as in round and puffy, not bubble hem GROSS)- and buy birthday presents to take to the Birthday Boy at whose party I will be wearing said awesome dress, WITH- get me- turquoise double fishnets!!! Oh yeah!!

1 comment:

Emma said...

I so know what you mean. Something about wearing dresses just makes you feel so free and "hey, holy crap, it's summer!"
not the most eloquent way to put it but you know what I mean.