Tuesday 15 May 2007

Tuesdays Formula

This week has been up and down. Firstly, I was told that ALL FORMULAS WILL BE PROVIDED for my accounting exam. You cannot understand how much stress, anxiety, worry, panic, and sadness I have been harbouring while I tried to fathom exactly HOW i was going to learn all the equations needed for this exam. It was a weight off my shoulders, to put it lightly.

Secondly, I cant join the easy 3 day weiner intensive course over the holidays that involves no work BUT counts for 12 credit points. This is bad- means I will have to do it in the summer which means I have no escape plan in case of failing accounting (which is made slightly less likely by my first point).

Then, my work got a cool write up in the paper for selling a sax to Pharoah Sanders who is an awesome old sax dude, so that was cool.

Finally, my studio assignment is now not due for another month, which takes the pressure off. Mind you, I should still be studying, instead of knitting a great purple scarf and watching 4 episodes of SATC, season 2.

Does anyone know how to knit cable? I want to knit an awesome patterned scarf for myself for this winter, and my dreams were shot down when I asked the lady at Cleggs if a particular pattern was difficult, and she looked me up and down and said derisively, "not if you can knit cable". Which of course I cant! I thought perling was doing well!

So heres the formula :

does Cost of learning to cable-knit in order to make own scarf + wool costs + time = Just buying one from Mimco?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
If you go to darn cheap material (newport) they have cable already knitted!

Anonymous said...

If you want to learn here is a URL that may be of interest
http://www.sheeptoshawl.com/charity/archives/2006/01/entry_176.html
Disclaimer: Have no association with this site whatsoever.