Friday 18 May 2007

A Knitting Yarn

One day back when Maud and I were just starting knitting we took a small road trip out to a shop called Marta's Yarns somewhere out far away on Dandenong Rd or somewhere and we giggled the whole drive about how it was called MARtas YARns etc etc, and when we got there and saw the fabled Marta she was so much better than expected cos her hair was in sort of soft dreads each one dyed a different colour- and it matched her wool (sorry, yarn). It was like she dipped a dread into each colour batch when she dyed the wool..... eccentric, to say the least.

Anyway that was our first knitting adventure, and now, thanks to our anonymous commenter, we can have another one! And hopefully this one will be no less exciting- its name is just as good "Darn Cheap Materials" hehehe, and while it may take us a while to get there, you can be sure we will post about it, anonymous!

(PS please dont hold your breath about the hemming, I am not known for my dexterity with this sort of complicated activity, but I will investigate and let you know how I go.)

(PPS sorry about the pun heading, terrible I know)

2 comments:

Emma said...

God I love awful puns. I make many more of them than I should.

maudrey said...

Hahaha Marta's yarns that was AGES ago, i wonder if shes still there???